If you are a lawyer, businessperson or even among the normal public you need someone, who can obtain information, investigate the crime scenes, determine the whereabouts of the particular person and different types of frauds. Since it is the work that most of the people don’t feel good to do, but still to avert any type of calamity the need of the professional detective is imperative.
Job and responsibility description of a crime scene investigators
Since several subspecialties exist in this profession that’s why the job description of the crime scene investigator is complex. However, the prime duty of the crime scene investigator is to collect, preserve and at the end process the collected evidence at the crime scene, and this is the most comprehensive definition of the private detectives melbourne.
Don’t mistook the crime scene investigators with the forensic scientists who have to conduct the experiments in the forensic laboratory, merely the crime scene investigators are the one who has been called to the scene of a crime and ensures all the proofs that have been conducted properly, they are responsible to preserved and documented all the information’s related to the standards strict codes. Moreover, these professionals have to report that all the pieces of evidence must be transported to the forensic laboratory without any damage.
Prime duties of the crime scene investigators
Following are some of the prime responsibilities of the crime scene investigators are;
- Have to isolate, identify and secure the crime scene with the support of all the legislative formalities.
- Established a restricted perimeter around the crime scene, to secure and not to compromise on the evidence, by considering all the law enforcement.
- The crime scene investigators have to isolate all the areas from the investigative and the nonessential personnel.
- The crime scene detectors have to collect, preserve and record all the impressions that include the footprints, tool marks, bite marks and the fingerprints.
- Such investigators also have to collect all the DNA or biological pieces of evidence; including body fluids, blood strain patterns, semen hair, skin, and others.
- In addition to this, the crime scene investigators have to collect all the trace pieces of evidence, including fibers, gunshot residue, glass, accelerant, and the paint, etc.
- Moreover, they have to collect all the firearms shreds of evidence that includes spent casings, weapons, cartridges, gun powder patterns, and the bullet fragments.
Not only this all the CI professionals have to ensure some critical considerations while performing their duties like,
- Proper documentation of every collected evidence and the crime scene must be done.
- All rules and regulations must be followed.
- All the pieces of evidence must be processed in the perfect expeditious manner.
- All evidence must be completely processed without comptonization.
- All methods and the techniques should be followed for recovery, by the proper evaluation.
- Proper handling should be performed in the transportations and the packaging of all the pieces of equipment.
- The physical evidence must be recovered on time.
- Every safety precaution must be followed.