Today it finally hit me. Summer has come to an end and New York Fashion Week, Spring 2014 has arrived. From September 5-12th, designers, fashion merchandisers, journalist, bloggers, models and everybody who wants to be somebody flock from around the world to attend one of the most glamorous events of the year. So, what do ordinary people do who don’t have access to the tents?
Well, in case you’ve been hiding under a rock, the magic happens both inside and outside of the tents.
Beyond the 100’s of fashion events, gala dinners and charitable affairs that take place, the well-dressed people parading in, out and around the concrete jungle, steal the show. Not to mention, capturing NYFW moments on the streets, at restaurants, or even boutiques last far longer than the 15 minutes of fame you witness on the runways.
So if you can’t get pass the tents, or need to take a break from the fashion starved frenzy. Don’t fret. Check out 5 things to do beyond the tents:
- Live stream more than 80 designers on-line.
- Follow Marie Claire creative director and “Project Runway” judge Nina Garcia Live as she broadcast
her point of view through the high-tech Google Glass.
- See Huff Post Style list of Fashion Instagrams to follow.
Who’s That Girl?
- People watch the new generation of fashion icons in and around the tents. From urban chic to feminine classic, these women breathe life into the latest “it bags,” 5 inch stunners, bold colors and mixed prints.
Eat & Drink
- In the midst of
stalkingwatching your favorite street style stars, you gotta eat right? Check out Grub Street’s Where to Eat around Fashion week.
- Talk that Chic and enjoy the last days of NYC rooftop soirees.
Shop emerging designers at Harlem’s Fashion Row Pop-Up Shop.
Do you want a taste of model inspired cocktails or a chance at rubbing shoulders with Victoria Beckham? Or, maybe your day time activities have spilled into night a night out on the town? Check out Trip Advisor’s 10 highly-rated NYFW hotels.